|Ask Dr. Universe
|Washington State University
|Age Range: 6-18 (Grades 1-12, with parental supervision). Do you have any questions that you just can't get answered to your satisfaction no matter how hard you try? Ask Dr. Universe! This friendly feline philosopher devotes her time to answering all the questions kids come up with. Most of the questions are science-related, but all topics are welcomed.
|Dr. Universe takes kids' questions as her opportunity to contact many interesting people around the university involved in researching various fields. Here is what you will find:
- ABOUT - Meet Dr. Universe - There are many questions on this site which are bigger than "Who is Dr. Universe?", but this is perhaps the first one a visitor might have. This page gives that question the attention it deserves.
- EXPLORE - Click on a category or just put a word or two in the Search field. Some of the tough questions children ask are:
- Why do bees have stuff that looks like hair?
- If there were a black hole between the Earth and moon, what would we see?
- Why do we age?
- Will electricity ever run out?
- Why is Pi 3.1415Ö? What if it was just 3?
- What are boogers?
- Why donít plants get sunburns?
- ASK ME! - Here is the place to ask Dr. Universe a question your child might have.
- VIDEOS - View videos on many different topics.
- ACTIVITIES - Print a field guide, coloring pages, or update your virtual backgrounds.
- PODCASTS - Scroll through Podcasts!
The diversity of the topics covered here is phenomenal. Just explore the questions your kids are interested in -- the answers may springboard you into a whole new area of scientific study.
|ClickSchooling ©Copyright 2023, All Rights Reserved, ClickSchooling
|Click here to navigate to web site