Functional nutrition is the foundational awareness between proper digestive physiology and diet and lifestyle of individuals. It focuses on making diet and lifestyle shifts based on understanding what may be malfunctioning, digestively, in the body, and what might be triggering that malfunction.
This course will focus on knowing where digestive organs are situated in the body, what happens physiologically when we eat and finally, weaving these 2 together to enhance your food and lifestyle decisions.
This curriculum includes ten (10) lesson for a ten week-long teaching.Features:
- Each lesson begins with an educational video from Dr. Heather with transcript copy
- Reading, homework and activities such as resource page, enzyme chart, food diary, quiz, and answer key.
- Book and video recommendations for further learning, inspirational quotes, charts, images, and full class transcripts.This class covers:
Functional Nutrition Sample 1Functional Nutrition Sample 2Functional Nutrition Sample 3Functional Nutrition Sample 4
- What is Functional Nutrition? Digestive Anatomy
- Functions of the Digestive System
- Digestive Enzymes
- Bowel Transit Times
- Brain Gut Connection: Vagus Nerve
- Different Food Diets
- Nutrition Related Diseases
- Best Ways to Optimize Food Digestion and Absorption